Opensource ffmpeg installer
Project Home Page : http://ffmpeginstaller.com
What packages ffmpeginstaller install in your server?
Please see the complete list of packages below.
- FFmpeg : FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video
- MPlayer And Mencoder : MPlayer is a movie player.It plays most MPEG/VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs.
- A52decoder : Are you a hosting company and you like to sell PCI DSS compliance servers to your clients with support ? If so this is your plan
- Amrnb and Amrwb : The Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) audio codec is a patented audio data compression scheme optimized for speech coding
- Latest Codecs : Install latest codecs libs
- Faad2 : FAAD2 is an open source MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 AAC decoder
- FAAC : FAAC is an MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 AAC encoder.
- Flvtool2 : FLVTool2 is a manipulation tool for Macromedia Flash Video files (FLV )
- Lame MP3 Encoder : LAME is a high quality MPEG Audio Layer III (MP3) encoder
- Liba52 : liba52 is a free library for decoding ATSC A/52 streams
- Libogg : Ogg Lib collections
- OpencoreAMR : Library of OpenCORE Framework implementation of Adaptive Multi Rate Narrowband and Wideband speech codec
- Theora : Theora is a free and open video compression format
- Vorbis tools : Vorbis is a completely open, patent-free, professional audio encoding and streaming technology with all the benefits of Open Source
- Libwmf : libwmf is a library for reading vector images in Microsøft’s native Windøws Metafile Format (WMF)
- MP4Box : MP4Box is a MP4 multiplexer
- X264 : x264 is a free software library and application for encoding video streams into the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format
- Xvid : Open-source compression codec based on MPEG-4 ISO format
How to Install FFMPEG Auto Installer on CentOS
Seeing as FFMPEG Auto Installer do not give clear instructions on how to install their packages I have produced a easy guide which hopefully should be of some use to server admins and novices alike.
Firstly SSH into your server.
Now run the following commands:
mkdir ~/ffmpeg-packages cd ~/ffmpeg-packages wget http://mirror.ffmpeginstaller.com/old/scripts/ffmpeg7/ffmpeginstaller.8.0.tar.gz tar -xvzf ffmpeginstaller.8.0.tar.gz cd ffmpeginstaller.8.0
Im using version ffmpeginstaller.8.0 for this installation, make sure you edit your command to coincide with the current package.
Next run the install command: