Opensource ffmpeg installer
ffmpeginstaller is a free software completely written in bash shell script. The purpose of this script is to build a video streaming platform in your Gnu/Linux server. So you can start video streaming websites and avoid the cost of installations. This script not only install ffmpeg but also all its friends packages. You can chose this script for building platform for most of the youtube clone software like clip-shre, sharemixer,shareigniter,etc,.
Project Home Page : http://ffmpeginstaller.com
What packages ffmpeginstaller install in your server?
Please see the complete list of packages below.
- FFmpeg : FFmpeg is a complete, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video
- MPlayer And Mencoder : MPlayer is a movie player.It plays most MPEG/VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs.
- A52decoder : Are you a hosting company and you like to sell PCI DSS compliance servers to your clients with support ? If so this is your plan
- Amrnb and Amrwb : The Adaptive Multi-Rate (AMR) audio codec is a patented audio data compression scheme optimized for speech coding
- Latest Codecs : Install latest codecs libs
- Faad2 : FAAD2 is an open source MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 AAC decoder
- FAAC : FAAC is an MPEG-4 and MPEG-2 AAC encoder.
- Flvtool2 : FLVTool2 is a manipulation tool for Macromedia Flash Video files (FLV )
- Lame MP3 Encoder : LAME is a high quality MPEG Audio Layer III (MP3) encoder
- Liba52 : liba52 is a free library for decoding ATSC A/52 streams
- Libogg : Ogg Lib collections
- OpencoreAMR : Library of OpenCORE Framework implementation of Adaptive Multi Rate Narrowband and Wideband speech codec
- Theora : Theora is a free and open video compression format
- Vorbis tools : Vorbis is a completely open, patent-free, professional audio encoding and streaming technology with all the benefits of Open Source
- Libwmf : libwmf is a library for reading vector images in Microsøft’s native Windøws Metafile Format (WMF)
- MP4Box : MP4Box is a MP4 multiplexer
- X264 : x264 is a free software library and application for encoding video streams into the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format
- Xvid : Open-source compression codec based on MPEG-4 ISO format
How to Install FFMPEG Auto Installer on CentOS
Seeing as FFMPEG Auto Installer do not give clear instructions on how to install their packages I have produced a easy guide which hopefully should be of some use to server admins and novices alike.
Firstly SSH into your server.
Now run the following commands:
mkdir ~/ffmpeg-packages cd ~/ffmpeg-packages wget http://mirror.ffmpeginstaller.com/old/scripts/ffmpeg7/ffmpeginstaller.8.0.tar.gz tar -xvzf ffmpeginstaller.8.0.tar.gz cd ffmpeginstaller.8.0
Im using version ffmpeginstaller.8.0 for this installation, make sure you edit your command to coincide with the current package.
Next run the install command: